Home About Scrapbook Mini Albums Journals Cards Tutorials Pinterest Youtube



Happy Teachers' Day!
posted at Friday 6 September 2013 , 07:00



It is Teachers' Day today here in Singapore and to celebrate it, I made a few cards for my teachers (I gave them the cards yesterday during the celebration) to show them my appreciation. I used the Park Bench paper collection, whereby the main colours comprised of yellow, blue, grey and black.

Here are my 2 favourite cards:

For the card on the left, I used my EK Success 1" Circle Punch to create the scalloped edge, before pasting a strip of paper and tying a ribbon over it. I left the ribbon white and decided against dyeing it. However, for two of the other cards where I used ribbons, I dyed the satin ribbon with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Black Soot. The letters are stamped you using a stamped set I had bought from Typo, and they are adhered on using double sided foam tape to create a popped up effect.
For the card on the right, I attached a piece of twine using eyelets and cut out banners to hang on it. I love the look of it, hence I continued to make banners for a few of the other cards. The Chinese characters were handwritten by me and also adhered on using double sided foam tape.


The flower on the above card was originally a light grey Prima flower, but I painted it yellow using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Squeezed Lemonade. It was my first time having a go at it, and it was surprisingly easy and fun to make!


Lastly, I stamped this on the back of every single card. The stamp, which was bought from Typo, says "handmade with love just for you". I found it quite a nice touch to add to prevent the back from being too plain.

I hope that through these cards, as well as the messages in them, I can let my teachers know how much they mean to me and thank them for all that they had taught me and done for me. Happy Teachers' Day!♥

Labels: , ,





OLDER POSTS ▶ ◀ NEWER POSTS